F.E.A.S.T. Caregivers tell their family stories...
Audio 1: "I just refused to believe that she would not recover"
- A mother living in a suburb of Washington DC in the US describes remaining optimistic even as clinicians gave up on her child's recovery.
- (24 minutes) Recorded 11/08 (no transcript)
Audio 2: "We worked as a team"
- Mother describes a daughter who as a college student developed depression, anorexia, and bulimia going on to recovery after several years with help of family and nutrition and supportive therapist.
- US Midwest - 7 minutes
Audio 3: "When we said life stops until you eat it meant our life also stopped"
- A mother describes her process of separating her nine-year old daughter from anorexia and compulsive exercise and the healing of the family.
- Southeast US. 17 minutes (no transcript)
Audio 4: "Mom, I'm not stupid. It's not going to happen to me."
- A mother of a daughter with anorexia describes her then 13-year old daughter wanting to 'eat healthy' and progressing to anorexia and compulsive exercise. , mother emphasizes role of nutrition, early intervention, good clinicians, hard work.
- Michigan, US - 10 minutes
Audio 5: "All of a sudden she didn't want cheese on her hamburger"
- A mother in Oregon (US) describes her teen daughter's recovery and preparation for college.
- 12 minutes
Audio 6: "We're here for you whether you want us or not. We're not giving up on you."
- A mother and father describe their daughter's recovery from EDNOS.
- Boston area, US. 10 minutes
Audio 7: "To see her personality come back and blossom was an unbelievable blessing for us"
- A mother describes a 22-year old daughter with anorexia coming home to recover, fully, After 4+ years of grave illness.
- SE Wisconsin, US - 21 minutes (no transcript)
Audio 8: "It was like she was standing on a rock in a rising river"
- A father and mother describe a series of treatment approaches and strategies and eventual recovery of their college age daughter.
- Northern California, US. 34 minutes
Audio 9: “All these ocd rules that she lived by, that seemed to be absolutely set in concrete, just melted away”
- A mother in Northern Australia describes the slow, and then rapid, recovery of her recently graduated daughter.
- 12 minutes.
Audio 10: "For Lent she decided to give up all junk food...when we sat down for Easter dinner she just couldn't do it"
- A mother in the Midwest US describes a 16-year old's recovery from restrictive anorexia using a partial hospitalization program and home-based re-feeding
- (12 minutes)
No Transcript: "You would never know that she had been ill"
- A mother describes the recovery of her 15-year old female ballet dancing daughter with anorexia (AN-P)
- US Gulf Coast – 5 minutes (no transcript)
No Transcript: Interview with Philip Graham and Alma Gottlieb, October 2009
Transcript: "Nancy R." Tells her Family Story to IAEDP Clinicians
- Presentated at IAEDP Event, by "Nancy R."
- Spring 2011
Transcript: "Peregrine" Tells her Family Story to IAEDP Clinicians
- Presentated at IAEDP Event, by "Peregrine"
- Spring 2011
Download the Audio Transcripts (PDF):