F.E.A.S.T. Community Rules & Guidelines:
About the F.E.A.S.T. Community:
- F.E.A.S.T. is an organization of and for parents and caregivers to help loved ones recover from eating disorders by providing information and mutual support, promoting evidence-based treatment, and advocating for research and education to reduce the suffering associated with eating disorders.
- Registration is required to join the F.E.A.S.T. Community.
- Contact information given during registration will not be used for any other purpose than F.E.A.S.T.
- We welcome all those who want to discuss parents and eating disorders and welcome vigorous debate. One reminder, however, is that F.E.A.S.T.'s Principles apply.
- F.E.A.S.T.'s services are focused on supporting caregivers. We welcome the input and insight of patients and clinicians, but ask that your activities and interactions relate primarily to caregiving issues and the emerging science behind eating disorder etiology and treatment.
Member Conduct & Disclaimers:
- Kindness and civility.
- Offer constructive criticism or none at all.
- Debate on issues and ideas is welcome, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Please feel free to share advice based on your own experiences, but refrain from telling others what to do. Please be mindful and inclusive of the range of religious and cultural backgrounds of the group members.
- Advice given in online communities is of variable quality and reliability.
- This community is an adjunct, not a replacement for professional consultation.
- This is an open, membership-based community where anyone can join and users may remain anonymous. Be aware that most of our groups and comment areas are public. If you post about specific people, treatment providers, or methods you should assume that the subject will read it.
- When parents grow depressed or anxious under the understandable strain of caregiving, it is essential to seek clinical assistance “on the ground.” F.E.A.S.T. cannot provide therapy or interventions.
- Patient members do not have access to post on the ATDT forum and in closed caregiver groups, not because we don't care but because we do. Care advice should come from one's own parents and treatment providers, not strangers.
- All comments made in group discussions by F.E.A.S.T. and Forum members are the opinions of those members and do not represent F.E.A.S.T.'s policies or principles.
- The direct marketing of books, resources or services is not allowed. However, members may suggest resources that they have created, heard about, or used and found helpful in the context of a discussion about eating disorders and treatment. F.E.A.S.T. understands that this is a grey area and asks that members err on the side of caution if they are unsure if a post is appropriate.
Advertising & Announcements
- Anyone may submit announcements for inclusion in the F.E.A.S.T. News stream (wording and links subject to administrator approval); however, advertising and point of sale links will be removed from announcements and member posts.
- Authors may submit book titles for inclusion on the F.E.A.S.T. Book Club Review Wall. (wording and links subject to administrator approval). Only members may post comments and reviews; however, this content will be searchable and visible to the general public.