Daily quotations from caregivers at Around the Dinner Table Forum

Daily quotations from caregivers at Around the Dinner Table Forum

Apr 16

Written by: F.E.A.S.T.
Monday, April 16, 2012  RssIcon

...I am sorry to hear about your D's struggles but so glad that you found her help.   You are a wonderful Mom for providing her the support of a brilliant therapist.

I think your message is an important one for all of us, that this is a mental illness/brain disorder that changes their lives in ways we don't anticipate, especially if they've not had the benefit of therapy to help learn coping skills for life's stressors.

Yes, stressors are a set up for relapse, especially when they are out on their own.  It is also important for all of us to realize that many of our children do have co-morbid anxiety, depression etc that makes navigating adolescence very difficult.

We, unfortunately, had this backwards with all those clinicians trying to provide my D therapy when she hadn't recovered from the ED or gotten accurately and fully WR during adolescence.  So, it made my D feel like a total treatment failure.

I do believe that for all of us, it's good to assess our children somewhere from 6-12 months after full WR,  for any co-morbids that can be treated with good therapy.  -wenlow

Click here for more information on co-morbidities and eating disorders

Tags:
Categories:

Having trouble viewing this page?

Please be patient and/or try a different Web Browser. Thank You!

Known issues: 1) Internet Explorer updates have resulted in display problems for our site menus. Please use a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

From the Nourishing Words Blog

From the Nourishing Words Blog

Minimize
The F.E.A.S.T. News Blog is Moving!
"am getting so tired of trying to feed her"
"Am I being too soft?"
Save the Date! January 31 - February 1, 2014!
QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FOR MEMBERS ONLY:
"I see the number 3000 here a lot"
" Anyway....the dress fear came with ed"
"My son has about 6 - 10 pounds to gain."
"we have spent a FORTUNE on groceries "
"and how aggressive must we be??!!."
"We find ourselves stuck in a strange situation"

Etc.

Minimize
F.E.A.S.T. thanks our blog editor, Maria, for gathering daily messages from the parent community. Please leave comments!

For suggestions and questions,
contact the blog editor

F.E.A.S.T. is registered as a nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
Information on this site is meant to support, not replace, professional consultation. Unless otherwise noted, content is edited by F.E.A.S.T. volunteers with assistance from our Professional Advisory Panel.

|  Login
Privacy Statement   |  Terms Of Use
Copyright 2012 by F.E.A.S.T

This page was last updated: 4/17/2014 12:00:00 AM