Posted By LeahDean_US,
Sunday, November 30, 2014
| Comments (0)
$100,000 will provide us a solid financial footing for our 2014-2016 operations.
During this time, we plan to:
- Continue building a regular donor base through annual membership levels
- Fundraise on a smaller scale for specific initiatives, including
- The Family Guide Booklet Series
- Providing Caregiver Travel Stipends for our next FEAST conference,
- Exhibiting at professional conferences beyond the ED field, such as the AAP, SAHM or NAMI,
- Etc...we have A LOT of great ideas!
- Pursue Grants for expanding our progams to possibly include:
- Creating Videos and Public Service Announcements
- Hiring contract staff, as needed, to support the Executive Director in order to maintain this role as a volunteer position.
Increased Operational Costs - an Investment in Our Future:
As F.E.A.S.T. has grown, so have our operational costs.
While we could have continued to function in a piecemeal manner, using a mix of the least expensive technologies for our Forum, Website, Technical Support, Email Communications, Member Database, Online Collaboration Tools, Event Registration, Member Surveys, etc., our Board decided to make an investment to streamline our technology base by converting to an integrated, online, membership-based, website service. The benefits of this move include:
- Reduced time spent on administrative coordination,
- Unlimited training and technical support to allow for increased volunteer participation behind the scenes,
- Improved functionality and user interface for our member services,
- Better reporting tools to measure our impact (important for grant applications),
- Broaden our international presence
Our Operating Budget:
It costs around $35,000 a year in order to:
- Operate our forum, website, and other technology services,
- Maintain insurance, international phone lines, skype accounts, constant contact email, a post office box, cloud data storage, online payment portals, etc.
- Print & distribute brochures and educational resources,
- Membership fees for the Eating Disorders Coalition, and the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- Send two F.E.A.S.T. Directors to the AED annual conference,
- Maintain an exhibit booth at the AED annual conference,
- Send one F.E.A.S.T. Director to the NIMH Alliance for Research Progress meetings,
- Print & Distribute 5,000 Family Guide Booklets
- Fundraise. (Yes, it costs money to make money - between 3-5% on online transactions.)
Ironically, our Caregiver's Forum is our most important but least expensive program! While Travel is a big cost for us, it pays off for caregivers everywhere. Simply by showing up at the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) annual conferences, exhibiting there, and networking with professionals, we have made huge inroads representing caregivers. By working within the AED, we now have F.E.A.S.T. Directors serving on various AED committees. In addition we have been asked to write articles, collaborate on educational materials and webinars, and participate in workshops representing the caregiver's perspective.
Doing the Math:
$ 30,000 2014 Approximate Expenses
$ 7,000 2014 Final One-Time Technology Transition Expenses
$ 35,000 2015 Budget
$ 35,000 2016 Budget
$112,000 Total Expenses
- 7,500 2014 Pre-Fund Drive 2014 Donations