|Posted Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Did you know...? Today is "Giving Tuesday!"
Please Remember F.E.A.S.T. when planning your Annual Charitable Giving andDONATEtoday.
- Is a 501(c)3 Charitable organization registered in the US and operating internationally.
- Relies entirely on individual donations.
- Has no paid staff.
- Provides all our services for FREE.
Facts & Figures:
Donations & Membership
- F.E.A.S.T. received $17,000 in unrestricted donations in 2012.
- F.E.A.S.T. has received 37 unrestricted donations totalling $7,500 US in 2013
- F.E.A.S.T. has 3,100 members from over 40 countries, up from 2,300 members in 2012.
Services & Special Initiatives
- Supporting ED Research:F.E.A.S.T. has collected 59 donations totaling $11,500 US for the"Charlotte's Helix" Genetics Initiative. This is money that does not go to F.E.A.S.T.
- Educational Materials:F.E.A.S.T. has printed & distributed over 2,000 copies of our "Puzzling Symptoms" Booklet and is planning to publish two more booklets in the Family Guide Series in 2014.
- Direct Caregiver Support:F.E.A.S.T.'s "Around the Dinner Table" Caregiver Support Forum has 3,700 registered users with 100 new registrations per month. In 2013, ATDT Forum members have generated42,190 individual posts on 2,366 threads.
- Local Support:F.E.A.S.T. has four active Advocacy Task forces on three continents, and maintains a list of "on-the-ground" support groups for caregivers.
- Outreach:In 2013 F.E.A.S.T.'s Executive and Policy Directors have represented the concerns of caregivers of ED patients at four professional conferences and at two NIMH Alliance for Research Progress Meetings.
- Advocacy:F.E.A.S.T. is a proud member of the Eating Disorder Coalition, and in 2013 F.E.A.S.T. members have been granted speaking opportunities with governmental and professional representatives in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Isreal.
- F.E.A.S.T. Website: visit ourwebsitefor more information on eating disorders and F.E.A.S.T.'s Services
Budget & Expenses
- F.E.A.S.T.will spend approximately $9 per member in 2013, up from $8 per member in 2012.
- F.E.A.S.T. is upgrading our administrative technology services in 2013 in order to handle our growing membership. This new system will add over $5,000 to our annual budget going forward. Your support is critical to allowing us to maintain and expand our services to our rapidly growing community.