We are asking teens with anorexia nervosa and their parents to participate in a study to help us understand how to improve treatment outcomes. Currently, the standard care of treatment is Family Based Treatment (FBT). We want to supplement FBT with Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT), a treatment used to increase mental flexibility and our ability to think about our thinking. Families who take part in this study will:
- Complete a series of questionnaires and tests
- Complete behavioral tasks
- Receive 15 sessions of FBT over 6 months
We are recruiting based on the following criteria:
- Teenagers between 12-18 years of age and living at home with parent(s).
- Parents willing to take part in the study.
- Teen meets DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for anorexia nervosa.
- Consent of parents and teenager to participate in the study
- Teen and family speak English.
If interested, please call Amanda Makara at 267-425-1321
IRB Approval Number: 21-019079