Introducing Tough Topic Thursdays
Live Online Event
TOPIC: Euthanasia & Assisted Dying
Tough Topic Thursday was created to discuss challenging issues that may have differing opinions, cause strong reactions, or rarely get discussed. Instead of shying away we committed to establishing a healthy, respectful opportunity for dialogue. Our vision is to remove judgment, shame, and stigma and encourage community and education while staying supportive. Please join us!
Why this Topic?
The recent news coverage of a Dutch teen’s tragic death from an eating disorder brought on a lively conversation in our community. In this Facebook Live Event, we’ll be covering some of the topics raised in our conversations, including:
- Being clear about eating disorders symptoms and how they impact decision making.
- Depression treatment as a model.
- Navigating patients who seem competent and show high levels of physical and mental stamina.
- Impacts of withdrawing treatment.
- Severe and enduring, no support and compassion
For background, please see the Position Statement published by F.E.A.S.T. on July 7.
How Do I Join?
To join the live conversation, please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FEASTeatingdisorders
If you would like to be part of the conversation live on camera, we welcome you to join us. Here are the instructions:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Then visit this web page on a Chrome browser on a computer (mobile phones and tablets will not work): https://app.belive.tv/2160/guest
- Sign in with the name you would like to use, test your camera, and test your microphone.
- The host will see you waiting in the lobby and will add you in, depending on caller volume.
- Please keep your comments brief to allow as many other voices as possible.
- With this difficult topic, strong emotions are expected. Please make sure to have support available if you will want it.
- F.E.A.S.T. believes in civility and listening to all points of view.
If you wish to participate by just watching, you can do so without logging in to Facebook. If you are a member of Facebook and want to participate, your name and comments will be public. You can write comments in real time for the audience, or on the recording which will remain available on our page.
If you have questions, or comments you would like us to read on the broadcast for you, please email to: [email protected] any time before the broadcast. Emails will not be read during the live show.