F.E.A.S.T. is looking for new parent support volunteers to join our fantastic moderator and parent support lines teams. Here are some requirements:
- Applicants should be well-suited to offer parent support.
- Applicants should be well-versed in eating disorders and their treatment. Familiarity with current research is definitely a plus!
- Applicants should be in a place in their own journey where they have the capacity to help others without it being too draining or difficult on themselves. Parent support can be triggering; and even under the best of circumstances, it is challenging.
- Applicants should be willing to dedicate a few hours up front for F.E.A.S.T. peer support training and at least one hour per month for ongoing education. Even if you have done peer support before, F.E.A.S.T. has our own training program that is specific to our principles and our methods.
- Applicants should have ample time to dedicate to parent support (exact amount of time needed varies by platform).
If you are interested in becoming a parent support volunteer, please fill out this form.