“DIY” (Do It Yourself) Fundraising serves several purposes at the same time: you can educate and inform your friends and your community about eating disorders and about F.E.A.S.T. while raising funds to support the critical work that we do.
We have some ideas to share with you, but we are sure that you can think of some more on your own. Get creative! Own your fundraiser; customize it to suit your interests. Here are our suggestions:
- Host an event in your home with friends, like a potluck dinner, a “Master Chef” competition, a cooking class, a game night, or a garden party. Ask each attendee to make a small donation to F.E.A.S.T.
- Have a Rummage/Yard Sale
- Run a Bake Sale or Lemonade Stand
- Start a loose change collection—collect loose change for a month and donate the amount that you collected to F.E.A.S.T.
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser for F.E.A.S.T. to mark a birthday or recovery milestone
- Organize a raffle or a bingo night with donated prizes
- Arrange a meal or an event at a local restaurant who is willing to donate a portion of the profit to F.E.A.S.T.
Let us know if you need help organizing your fundraiser or if you would like us to send you some material on F.E.A.S.T. to put out or distribute. Make sure to let us know about your fundraisers and don’t forget to take photos! We’d love to share them!
Get started planning your DIY fundraiser for F.E.A.S.T. today!