Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join Us
Community Search
Licenses and Certifications
Share |

Licenses and Certifications for Eating Disorder Treatment Professionals 

AAC: Associate Addiction Counselor
ABPP: American Board of Professional Psychology Certified 
ACS: Approved Clinical Supervisor
ACSM-HFI: American College of Sports Medicine  Health Fitness Instructor 
ACSW: Academy of Certified Social Workers
ADTR: Academy of Dance Therapists Registered
AED: Academy for Eating Disorders 
AFAA: Aerobics and Fitness Personal Trainer Certification & Group Exercise Certification
ANP: Adult Nurse Practitioner
APN: Advanced practice registered nurse
APRN-BC: Advanced Practice Nurse, Board Certified
ARNPP:  Advanced practice registered nurse
ATR, ATR-BC: art therapist
BCBA: Board Certified Behavior Analyst
BCD: Board Certified Diplomat
BSW: Bachelor’s degree in social work
CAC: Certified Addiction Counselor
CADAC: Certified Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor
CADC: Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor
CAP: Certified Addiction Professional
CARF: Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
CAS: Certified Addition Specialist
CBT: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
CCBT: Certified Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist
CCH: Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
CCN: Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist
CCSD: Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
CCSW: Certified Clinical Social Worker 
CD: Certified Dietitian
CDE: Certified Diabetes Educator
CDL: Chemical Dependency Licensure
CDN: A certified dietitian or certified dietitian-nutritionist
CD-N: Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist
CDVC: Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
CEAP: Certified Employee Assistance Professional
CEDS: Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (IAEDP)
CEDSN: Certified Eating Disorders Specialist / Nutrition (IAEDP)
CEDT: Certified Eating Disorder Therapist
CFCS: Certified Family and Consumer Scientist
CFT: Certified Fitness Trainer
CGP: Certified Group Psychotherapist
CGT: Certified Gestalt Therapist
CHES: Certified Health Education Specialist
CHHC: Certified Holistic Health Counselor
CHHP: Certified Holistic Health Practitioner
CHT: Certified Hypnotherapist
CHTP  Certified Healing Touch Practitioner
CMFT: Certified Marriage and Family Therapist
CNC: Certified Nutrition Consultant
CNS: Certified Nutrition Specialist
CPT: Certified Personal Trainer
CRAT: Certified Rational Addictions Therapist
CS: Clinical Specialist or Clinical Supervisor
CSCS: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
CSW: Certified Social Worker or Clinical Social Worker
CTRT: Certified Trauma Resolution Therapist
DAC: Drug and Alcohol Counselor
DAPA  Diplomate of the American Psychotherapy Association
DBT: Dialectical Behavior Therapy
DCSW: Doctorate (or Diplomat)  in Clinical Social Work
DMFT: Doctor of Marriage and Family Therapy
DMin: Doctor of ministry
DO: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine,  Psychiatrist
DSW: Doctor of Social Work
DTR: Dance/Therapist 
EDA: Eating Disorders Associate (IAEDP)
EdD.: Doctorate of Education
EdS.: Educational Specialist
FAAFP: Fellow American Association of Family Practice
FABMPP: Fellow American Board of Medical Psychotherapists & Psychodiagnosticians 
FADA: Fellow of the American Dietetic Association
FAED: Fellow of the Academy for Eating Disorders
FIPA: Fellow of the International Psychoanalytic Association
FSAM: Fellow Society for Adolescent Medicine
GCFP: Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner 
GCP: Good Clinical Practice or Member of the Guild Complementary Practitioners
HSPP: Health Service Provider in Psychology
IAEDP: The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals
IAYT: International Association of Yoga Therapists
ICADC: Internationally Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor
JD: Doctor of Jurisprudence (attorney)
L.Ac.: Licensed Acupuncturist
LAC: Licensed Addiction Counselor or Licensed Associate Counselor
LADC:  Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor
LCAT: Licensed Creative Arts Therapist
LCDC: Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
LCPC: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
LCS: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
LCSW-C: Licensed Certified Social Worker
LD: Licensed Dietician
LDN: Licensed Dietician/Nutritionist
LGSW: Licensed Graduate Social Worker
LICSW: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
LIS: Licensed Independent Social Worker
LLP: Limited Liability Partnership, or Limited License Psychologist, or Licensed Psychological Practitioner
LMA: Licensed Masters Social Work
LMFT: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
LMHC: Licensed mental health counselor
LMSW: Licensed Master Social Worker
LMSW-ACP: Licensed Master Social Worker-Advanced Clinical Practitioner
LN:  Licensed Nutritionist
LP: Licensed Psychologist or licensed psychoanalyst
LPA: Licensed Psychological Associate
LPC: Licensed Professional Counselor
LPCC: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
LPCI: Licensed Professional Counselor Intern
LSW: Licensed Social Worker
LSWA: Licensed Social Work Associate
MA: Master's degree
MAHPP: Member of Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners
MC: Masters in Counseling
MD: Medical Doctor, usually a psychiatrist, specializing in mental health care.
MDiv.: Masters level degree in Divinity
MEd.: Masters in Education
MFA: Master of Fine Arts degree , involving music, art, music & art history, etc.
MFCC: Marriage, Family and Child Counselor
MFT: Marriage and Family Therapist
MHN: Advanced practice registered nurse
MOE or MOAE: Master in Occupational and Adult Education
MPH: Master of Public Health
MPS: Master of Professional Studies
MS: Masters of Science
MSEd: Master of Science in Education
MSW: Masters in Social Work 
MT-BC: Music Therapist, Board Certified
NASM-CPT: National Academy of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer 
NBCCH: National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists
NCC: Nationally Board Certified Counselor
NCPsyA: Nationally Certified Psychoanalyst
NP: Nurse Practitioner
NPP: Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry
P/MHNP: Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
PA: Physician's Assistant or Psychological Assistant 
PAT: Professional Art Therapist or a Provisional Addictions Therapist
PhD.: Doctorate of Philosophy
PLLC:  Legal structure for professional practice
PMHNP: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
PNP: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
PsyD: Doctor of Psychology
QCSW: Qualified Clinical Social Worker
RBT: Rational Behavior Therapist
RC: Registered Counselor
RCC: Registered Clinical Counselor
RD: Registered Dietician
REAT: Registered Expressive Arts Therapist
RYT: Registered Yoga Teacher 
SEP: Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
TAS: Tobacco Addiction Specialist (NAADAC)

About Us

Home Page
Board of Directors
Professional Advisory Panel
Contact Us


Learning Center
Media Contact
Research Participants
Book Reviews


News Feed


Forum Rules
Forum Main Discussions
Hall of Fame



Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
Community Rules
YM Admin

Support Us

Memorial Gifts
Donate with Paypal
Volunteer Center
Employer Matches
Shop AmazonSmile 

F.E.A.S.T. (FAMILIES EMPOWERED AND SUPPORTING TREATMENT OF EATING DISORDERS) | US +1 855-50-FEAST | Canada +1 647-247-1339 | Australia +61 731886675 | UK +44 3308280031

F.E.A.S.T. is registered as a nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Information on this site is meant to support, not replace, professional consultation. Unless otherwise noted, content is edited by F.E.A.S.T. volunteers with assistance from our Professional Advisory Panel.

  F.E.A.S.T. | P.O. Box 1281| Warrenton, VA 20188 USA