Welcome to the US regional page! We’re glad that you found us here at F.E.A.S.T. Below are some US resources to help you in your journey.
US Liaison: Ellen Ewing
Engage in Advocacy
- EDC– The Eating Disorder Coalition advances the recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority in the United States. To learn about EDC Lobby Days click here.
Navigate Insurance and Financing
- Project HEAL – Insurance navigation and financial assistance
- What you should know about insurance coverage – Tips for insurance coverage from Eating Disorder Hope
- Sample Insurance Letters – Templates to use when corresponding to insurance companies from NEDA
- Getting Insurance to Pay for Eating Disorder Treatment – information on dealing with insurance from Mirror-Mirror
Address School Challenges
- 504 Plan – Steps to getting a 504 plan from Understood
- 411 on 504 – Information on 504 plans from UC San Diego
- Ten Things Parents Wish Educators Knew About Eating Disorders – List to share with your child’s teachers from UC San Diego
- NEDA’s Educator Toolkit – Comprehensive information for schools and educators from NEDA
- Age of Majority by State 2020 – Age of majority is the threshold of adulthood as recognized or declared in law.
- Choosing An Eating Disorder Treatment Center – What to consider when choosing a treatment center from Mirror-Mirror
- FEAST Family Guide to Eating Disorder Treatment
Other Useful Information
- The Economic Cost of Eating Disorders– Quantification of the social and economic burden of eating disorders in the United States from STRIPED, in collaboration with the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) and Deloitte Access Economics
We do not necessarily endorse these resources and cannot be held responsible for any misinformation you may receive from them.