Our Services To Families Are Free.... providing them takes donations
How about sponsorships and advertising?
We believe in each individual family’s ability to make the best decisions for their own situations, and that they are best served when they are equipped with evidence-based information, skills, and peer support.
This means we are committed to not recommending specific providers or giving treatment advice.
Our financial independence from any perceived source of influence is important to us so that the families we support can have confidence in our impartiality.
This means we that while we welcome donations from individuals, we do not accept sponsorship, advertising or other promoting funding that derives from commercial treatment providers.
… the check is on the way. I just want you and everyone at FEAST to know how thankful I am that FEAST and the ATDT Forum were here for me when my daughter developed RAN nearly 10 years ago. It was through the ATDT Forum that I learned what I needed to do to help my daughter recover. Full recovery took a very long time, a number of years. But whenever I had a question or needed support, I knew that I could always turn to FEAST. Today, my daughter is fully recovered. I’m so appreciative of all that you do, and I hope that FEAST will be here for as long as parents need this help.
What is F.E.A.S.T.?
Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Non-Profit Charity / US Registered 501(c)3
- Funded by Individual Donations
- Connect parents and caregivers of eating disorder patients
- Offer science-based information & resources
- Promote family as a key resource during treatment
- Improve public understanding of eating disorders
- Reduce stigma
- Reduce suffering
How does your donation help?
Donations of all sizes are welcome and help us serve parents around the world. We help anyone understand their child’s eating disorder, support them to get appropriate treatment, and get the information they need to recover and thrive.
We know what kind of information and skills help families be resilient and strong through the process.
We believe in families. We believe in full recovery. We believe information is power and good treatment saves lives.
Your support can help us reach those families across the globe, now, when they need it most.
- $25 provides a month’s support for the families on the Around the Dinner Table Forum
- $45 pays our phone bill for a month so that families like yours can call to get help from anywhere in the world
- $500 sends one of our team to share recent eating disorder treatment news at a training
- $1,000 can send one of our Task Force team to advocate for parent involvement and share our insights at healthcare professional meetings and conferences
- $2,500 funds our online presence promoting family support for treatment
- $10,000 could allow us to fund an initiative from our wishlist-
We are always delighted to talk to anyone about how they could help us- just contact us if you would like to be part of what FEAST is achieving worldwide.
Laura Collins Lyster-Mensh
Our family is not the problem, the ED is the problem
Dear FEAST,THANK YOU so much for your <a href="https://www.feast-ed.org/parents-do-not-cause-eating-disorders-ps/">Position Statement</a> “Parents do not cause Eating Disorders”. I have printed it and I am going to hand it to any and every doctor or therapist who explicitly or implicitly tries to infer I am to blame. My daughter has been ill for years and I get this all the time from so-called Family Therapists (as opposed to FBT, which is good). They keep trying to “fix” our family. Our family is not the problem, the ED is the problem!!With heartfelt thanks,Sarah, UK
never have I felt prouder
I’ve done a LOT of volunteering with various orgs over the years and I need you to know this, never have I felt prouder of or more appreciated by a group of people. Thank you for so warmly embracing me, for your faith in me and for your vision of what I may be able to do!
Australia - Happy Parent
We love you!
I appreciate the quality materials you have available and the work that you do!!!
I’m grateful for this community.
I love the button!